How is your sales strategy and/or team really performing? Chances are there are different views regarding how well things are going – even different degrees of confidence regarding meeting or exceeding targets.
As the manager your views regarding sales performance may be at odds with the views of other management colleagues in the business, as well as with members of the sales team. They may even be at odds with emerging marketplace trends, such as the moves of competitors or changing needs of customers. Getting a real fix on sales performance is key to personal and business sucess.
The Sales Strategy Performance Pitstop® helps managers to get an exact position on their team and its sales performance, it shows:
- If the team feels it is on course to meet their revenue targets
- If there is clarity or agreement on the key priorities for growth
- If there are any sales skills, systems or process bottlenecks/gaps
- Where there are areas of hidden sales performance potential
- Just how motivated, aligned and focused your team really is.
In short it reveals a lot about your organization’s sales performance in order to protect managers from shocks and surprises.
Performance From 4 Angles
The Sales Strategy Pitstop® provides an accurate and comprehensive view of sales performance and potential by reference to:
1. The views of all members of the team on performance
2. The manager’s view of sales performance
3. Best practice and peer comparison
4. The latest research into trends in buying.
The data gathered enables managers to get an accurate fix on their sales’s team’s exact position – on it’s sales performance and potential.
The Team View Of Performance
The Sales Strategy Pitstop® begins by capturing data from each member of the sales team using a sophisticated (but quick) online sales assessment. It captures almost 5,500 data points for a team of 50 salespeople.
The Manager’s View Of Performance
Once managers complete the The Sales Strategy Pitstop® assessment there response is compared/contrasted with the responses from the team.
Best Practice Bench-marking
How your organization sells is plotted against best practice based on over 1 million pages of research and the publication of 3 books. Peer comparison data also enables managers to see how they are positioned relative to peers and competitors.
Research With Customers/Buyers
The requirements of selling to today’s more sophisticated and demanding buyers places new requirements on sellers.
The Sales Strategy Pitstop® leverages industry leading research with buyers to ensure the alignment of sales skills and techniques with the requirements of longer and more complex sales cycles. This is key to the alignment of sales process with the buying requirements of today. It takes into consideration the increased power of procurement, the rise in competitive tendering and other related trends in corporate buying.
Best Practice Bench-marking
From the 4 angles, managers are presented with a single composite picture of sales performance and potential. In particular key sales opportunities and challenges are highlighted, The Sales Strategy Pitstop® generates personalized sales maps, rather than lengthy reports. These pin-point hidden sales potential, skills gaps and risks to target.
Taking Action To Accelerate Performance
Of course measuring sales performance, no matter how accurately, is not enough. Nor is calculating what the sales potential is. The Sales Strategy Pitstop® does these things, but it does a lot more.
- It questions and challenges what the performance should be, including blind spots, lack of clarity, confidence and alignment
- It focuses attention on those strategies and skills that are required to accelerate sales (even calculating the impact of changes in skills and behavior on the sales number)
- It helps to get clarity on key sales priorities and to reconcile divergent perspectives/priorities
- It gets different stakeholders and team members working together to ensure greater alignment.
In short it enables mangers and their teams to take focused action to accelerate and drive sales performance.